Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I climbed over 500 stairs today, nothing can defeat me!


Well, today was pretty awesome!
I've always been a fan of Van Gogh, and I got to see some of his original paintings today, which was amazing. Sunflowers is a personal favorite. While I was in the museum, a weird guy kept looking at me, and I thought nothing of it as I left the room until I bumped into him about three times throughout the museum. The last time, there was a mother, kid about, oh I'd guess 14 years old, and a father. The kid was watching as I passed and then this guy went passed, giving me a strange stare, and I gave him a strange look as if to say, "And what exactly are you staring at?" The kid saw this look and giggled, and I instantly liked this kid.
Oh, yeah, and by the way, I also climbed over 500 stairs to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral today. No biggie, except of course for the last 50 stairs or so that were metal and had cut outs in them so you could see through. Not cool. I was wearing a dress and at first was concerned someone would see up it, and then as the stairs got narrower and spun around, I cared a lot less about the dress and a lot more about hanging on for dear life in case I slipped and fell. But I made it! The way down was actually more scary...
I'm tired, but excited for Oxford in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment