Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm talking to you Madame.


Today, I had my first winery tour. Uh, awesome just doesn't cut it. Epernay was beautiful, I had a great, inexpensive (for France) lunch, some awesome gelato, and then washed all down with some first class Moet & Chandon champagne. I was going to get my family some champagne and send it back, but it was quite expensive and its all stuff you can get in the states, so I didn't see the point. The stuff we were told on the tour was amazing! I mean, they store some of that wine for 7-50 years to allow full maturation. My favorite, however, was when the tour guide was attempting to answer Dr. E's question and she was kind of lost in her thoughts, and the guide said, "Excuse me, Madame, I am talking to you." I thought it was hilarious. Anyways, we just got back from celebrating Bastille Day! The music was fabulous, and I even got to dance! Though it was with an old grandpa type of guy that didn't speak English. About three or four guys came up to each of us and told us we were beautiful, so I'm guessing they do that with every girl they see? It was great though, just to see people all coming together to dance and get lost in the music. There were mothers with children, guys, girls, couples, everybody just danced. There was even French rap which basically blew my mind. I feel really happy knowing we were a part of the celebration! I'm very tired though!
Awesome. Well, a good ending to a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment