Friday, July 17, 2009

Au revior Europe, Hello Florida!

Well, I've arrived home! Wednesday night the internet was being funky, so I just decided to sleep and post when I got some real internet. I'm glad to be back, but I definitely miss everything and everyone in the program. Wednesday, despite the ominous coming of Thursday and our farewells, was a pretty good day. The weather was nice, and whipped out the dress for our last day. Notre Dame was beautiful; being there reminded me of London. I was slightly disappointed at the lack of a hunchback. It really did look like it did in the Disney movie. The cruise was really great- I saw everything! Paris really is quite beautiful, with its buildings and parks and street life. And I definitely made a wish under that famous wish bridge thingy.

This little girl is sitting with her dad, begging for money. She reminded me of my youngest little brother; I think this is my best shot from the last day. There are so many homeless and street people, and I think they are just as much a part of the city as the historical surroundings.

I was really looking foward to dinner all day; I wanted to just sit, talk, relax, and have a good time with everyone. I realized while I was sitting there that I was going to miss everyone and everything. Paris. London. Wales. I've done more amazing things and seen more amazing things in the past 3 weeks than some ever do or see. First of all, I couldn't have been luckier. Secondly, I've learned so much. Not necessarily about blogs or podcasts or lame internet connections, but about people, relationships, attitudes, cultures... I feel a little bit older, a little bit smarter. Yes, I'm still "little bits" of the group, and I'm not trying to get all smoochy here, its just spewing out. I seriously feel like this trip has given me so much more than I could ever imagine it giving me. And I thank everyone who helped me to go to a seriously huge extent. And everyone I've met, talked to, hung out with, everyone.I think this was my other favorite shot. This little girl was trying just as hard as the rest of us to get that perfect shot. I hope she got it.
Well, I'll have a few more posts, but I'm going to move to a new one soon (I'll be sure and post my other blog). Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment