Thursday, July 2, 2009

Who knew C.S. Lewis was such a hottie? We would've gone great together...


Oxford is farther that I thought. It was a very beautiful place, and I think I'll apply, just to get a rejection letter from there. It was awesome seeing all these locations used in Harry Potter, though I feel like such a nerd for being so excited about it. C.S. Lewis' house was adorable too! I loved the style, the little stories they told us about how his room was locked out of the house, so he had to go out the door by the window, then go into the house from the outside to get to his study. There was one room where the guide said they used to sit and smoke their pipes til the room was full of clouds of smoke, and then they'd open the windows and watch the smoke escape... It sounds so romantically quaint and so full of character, I could imagine Lewis sitting with his pipe, watching the fumes billow up and out of the window.
The church and the libraries were neat, but for me, not particularly interesting. The most fun I had all day though, was simply walking around during our free time, when I went into the Covered Market. I just looked at all the shops and took lots of pictures, especially of signs since that was our focus for today. The odd looks I got were quite humorous.
This sign was a favorite of mine, not because the police feel the need to have a sign clarifying this to the general public, but because there's a number to call if for some reason you need assistance... Help, I'm engaging in illegal activity, and I need assistance!
Just joshing.
Tomorrow I'm heading off to Wales, so I better get some sleep!

2 comments:

  1. What will you do if you are accepted to Oxford?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "think I'll apply, just to get a rejection letter from there."
    thats great!! I still have mine from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, U Penn, and Stanford!

    ReplyDelete